Friday, May 8, 2009

Technorati

Technorati kind of overwhelms me, a little bit. Not that it isn't an extremely powerful and useful tool, in terms of what it represents and what it can do for blog searching and visibility. I just don't find it to be the most user-friendly site in the whole world. Browsing through the popular blog tags and subjects became an exercise in information overload for me, and I'm a practiced web searcher, so I can only imagine what the Technonovice who wanders onto this site must experience.

Nevertheless, with a little patience, I managed to find a number of neat little ways to leverage the site. The dizzying array of available search options and filters make it possible to find blogs using different focuses and scopes, though I found the basic Blog Directory to be the most useful.

I also stumbled upon this little tool, which creates Technorati tags for those that aren't HTML-minded. I didn't claim my little corner of the web yet, because I don't think this blog is quite ready for prime time, but I did experiment with the tag generator.

1 comment: